Monday, June 15, 2009

Embrace your passion!

Dance has always been a huge part of my life. I can easily say I was not that most naturally gifted, I wasn’t the most flexible, and I was never the strongest dancer in any of my dance classes. But I can promise you that I have always had my heart in it. Dance was my shoulder to cry on. Dance was my outlet. When I felt like no one understood what I was going through I knew there was a song and a dance that did. I remember on a particularly hard day, when teenage me was trying not to explode into tears, I drove out to the studio (11 pm) and just turned on my favorite song and danced. I didn’t care how high my kick was, how pointed my feet were, or if someone was watching…I was dancing for me. A lot of people ask me how I got through my busy schedule in high school. My senior year I had Drill team at 6:15 am, Seminary at 7:45 am, School at 9 am, a work out at noon, Homework until 3, Dance until 8, sometimes mutual, sometimes choreography, sometimes drill team, sometimes Miss Moses Lake interviews, if everything was done I was allowed to hangout with friends until 10:30 and then it was bed time to get up again at 5:30. I did it because I loved it. I looked forward to almost every aspect of my day. This is me venting and me reminding myself how wonderful it is to have a passion. Whatever your personal passion is, embrace it. Take time to love doing what you love doing. I know that sounds silly, but I think we often don’t just let ourselves go. Life is about living. Live it. I am reminding myself to live each day to my fullest. I still love to dance and I get to teach. I can’t wait to take everything I have learned and share it with all the dancers I come in contact with. It isn’t about being the best dancer, it’s about being YOUR best dancer. “Dance like no one is watching.” Dance with your heart. Live with your heart. Embrace your passion.

8 comments:

Brandon and Lindsay said...

Good advice! It's so true...life is too short to not do what you love. Oh, and I love your head shots! So cute!

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

Danielle...you showed your passion for dance and a "love of life" thru dedication and a smile I will never forget! Thanks for reminding me to enjoy, not just endure! Love Ya!!!

Lori said...

Thanks for sharing my passion and giving me so much enjoyment over the years watching you express yourself. You are so talented and I can't tell you how excited I am to have you share all that you can with the girls in the studio, and for me to watch you do what you love again!!!

the Horton Hurricane said...

all the girls that you do and will teach are lucky to have you. I agree about living your life to the fullest. You are a beautiful person inside and out. I love you
Jenny

Kacey Nielsen said...

Have I told you how jealous I am that you are going to be a TG teacher again? Not fair....

Your mom must be perma-grinning these days. You and her granddaughter around 24/7 and a dance teacher. That is a happy Lori day!

Crystal and Kyle said...

Man, life has been so busy lately, especially with this quarterly enrichment I have on Thursday. I haven't even read your blog lately. I had so much to catch up on.

So first, yeah, I'm so glad that you got emree to sleep for you. Sounds like you had a similar experience to ours. :) Trey finally sleeps 10 hours straight and takes 2 hour naps and he's 13months old.

Second, we are so happy that you guys have a plan, although we will miss you terribly. We are excited to see you in July. Hope that the vending machine thing works out. We love your little photo booth pictures. We need to take some of those with Trey. I've only taken photo booth pictures once and they were with kyle's little cousins :)

MeganHowell said...

you are so cute! i love this post.

Stephanie Kay Moore said...

Danielle! I have no idea where those videos are, but they would be HILLARIOUS to watch now! ahhhh hahahahaha YES I am going to Whit's wedding! Woo hoo!!! I am so excited! I'll probably drive up Friday and drive back on Sunday because I'll be home the week before during fair week.