We recently got back froma quick trip to Vegas. Ty had his first of nine medical school interviews and we are thrilled. Emree was pretty great in the car (not perfect, but pretty good).
We met up with the Maughans for dinner one night. Linds is at PA school in Las Vegas and it was so fun to see them. We ate at "Hash House A Go GO" and I can not explain how fun and wonderful it was. Dinner was so good and the place was awesome. Ty and I ate huge waffles with bacon strips in the middle, covered with a spicy sauce and topped with fried chicken. It was delicious.
Ty interviewed at Touro University and thought it went really well. He is such a good sport (I made him pose like that for the picture). The school has a huge indoor campus and he thought the built in volley ball courts were awesome.
We stayed at the Nielsens while we were there. They were the best hosts and Scarlet and Rhode kept us very entertained. I should have taken a picture of the three kids. Kacey introduced us to Thai food and we loved it. This place may look a little scary on the outside, but it was delicious on the inside. Scarlet was the real champ though... she downed the soup and I could hardly swallow a bite it was so sour.
One adventure down... more to come. We leave for Arizona tomorrow.
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
I seriously love my mom! Sometimes I feel weird saying that because it is like saying I love my self. We are a lot a like and a little different. She has always been one of my very very best friends.
Thank you mom for caring, loving, trying, and being patient with all of us and continuing to be.
I love my mom for about a million reasons... here are her top 10.
1. She laughs at everything her little precious Jordan does. She thinks that he is hilarious. But besides that she always stopped and laughed. There were many times growing up of her letting go of whatever crazy or annoying thing we were all doing and laughing.
2. She cares. Sometimes she cares too much, but she always cares. Quinn use to tease her because after they would get in arguments (which is impossible not to do with Quinn) she would write him a note to tell him how much she loved him and how sorry she was if he didn't understand that. He would tease her because he knew, we all knew, that we would never be in trouble for long.
3. She is involved. My mom can't help, but be involved in what we are all doing. She is coach of the drill team, she helps run the dance studio, she is always at every activity everyone participates in. She was the basketball rep and helps with the football team with Easton. If we are involved, she is involved (or is it the other way around...we will never know).
4. She always waited up to talk to us. She loves to see what we are doing, but I also think she just loves talking to us. She was always our friend and when we had the worst night ever she was there to listen to us and when we had the best night ever she was there to eat ice cream with us.
5. She loves to give gifts. My mom loves being thoughtful and giving presents. It is her way of saying . . . I am thinking about you and I miss you and I love you.
6. We have the best conversations (she always makes me laugh).
7. She knows her weaknesses and she is always working on making herself better.
8. She doesn't get overwhelmed. She knows how to juggle a billion things on her plate. She is my example in that.
9. She knows how to let go and just sit. My mom and I have spent some of the best bonding time in front of the telly with some delicious food (she knows how to eat).
10. She loves babies and more importantly my baby. She is the most amazing grandma! Let's just say Emree is slightly spoiled every second of every day by her grandma.
Happy Birthday .... we love you!
Posted by Tyler - Danielle - Emree at 11:41 PM
Friday, September 25, 2009
I turned 22 yesterday and Ty, Emree, my family, Ty's family, all made sure I had an amazing day!
Ty, Em, and I went on a walk!
Then I opened my presents from my family. My mom and Bonnie are amazing at picking out clothes! (I got the cutest shoeS from the Andres on Sunday). Here are all my clothes from my family... I put them all on at once.
It wasn't Emee's birthday, but with all that wrapping paper, she sure thought it was.
The Widdison's took us out to dinner at CPK and then came over for pie. I love Raspberry Lemonade Ice cream Pie. So, Ty made me it for my birthday and then put all my 22 candles on one piece.
Lastly, Ty got me tickets to Lion King in San Diego! I am so so so excited. I have seen it before, but I absolutely loved it. I can't wait. plus, the Widdison's are going with us so that will be fun.
Thanks family for making my birthday an amazing day! Plus, a shout out to everyone who texted me yesterday. I love birthdya texts! Thanks for remembering me.
Posted by Tyler - Danielle - Emree at 8:41 AM
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
I know I talk about my child a lot, but I can't help it. She is the center of our lives right now and no child deserves as much attention as she gets, but what can you do with a smile like that.
She also has way too many pictures, but we took her down to Kiddie Kandids to get some studio pictures of her at 6 months. I haven't posted them yet because I was waiting for my mom to get them in the mail as a surprise.
DRUM ROLL PLEASE ...
Posted by Tyler - Danielle - Emree at 8:24 AM
Saturday, September 19, 2009
I fell in love with Ty for multiple reasons. I knew he was some one who understood what was important in life. I knew that he put family first and would always work hard. I knew he was motivated and competitive. He was athletic, handsome, and pretty funny and dorky at the same time. He cares about every one in the room and wants every one to enjoy them selves. He loves kids and wanted a big family. But more then all of that I knew he loved his Heavenly Father and put the Savior before anything else. I knew he was someone that I would be able raise my family with through all the tears, trials, joys, and laughter and still be happy with. I always knew he was some one who would constantly push himself to be better. I love him even more today then I did the day I married him. Happy 25th Birthday Tyler, I Love You!
Posted by Tyler - Danielle - Emree at 11:14 PM
Monday, September 14, 2009
Emree had her 6 month check up finally! Lets just say she is the very definition of chubby. She is in the 95th percentile for weight and only the 50th percentile for Height. She weighs in at a whopping 19 lbs exactly. My left arm is starting to feel the burn.
3 shots and a rotavirus cocktail later she is ready to go. Too bad when she got home she found out that mom is giving up breast feeding. (I put in my time right?!)
The funny thing is she was only sad about the shots for less then 2 minutes and she smiled as we scooted out the door. What's that? A shout out for new tricks.... Emree can grab food between her little fingers, giggle (it is so cute), and pull off her hand band! WE ARE IN TROUBLE!
Posted by Tyler - Danielle - Emree at 3:16 PM
Friday, September 11, 2009
My Dad used to sing me to sleep singing "Always and Forever" after he had told me a very elaborate night time story about Princess Danielle that some how always ended with the Princess riding off on her very own horse.
When Quinn kicked out my front tooth I remember my Dad rushing me to the dentist. He had to reassure me the whole drive that I wouldn't look ugly forever and that everything would be okay. He had a way of wiping my tears and calming me down. He also had to make me milk shakes the rest of the summer because I couldn't eat solid foods. My Dad and I have always enjoyed our milk shakes.
My Dad tried to teach me how to drive and he was pretty patient. I ran over a stop sign in his truck and dented the whole top. I remember crying on the way home, I was begging him not to tell Jordan and Quinn because I was pretty sure they would make fun of me (but then again who wouldn't).
I have a million more stories of my Dad, but mostly now I love watching him melt when he holds my little Emree. He is one amazing man and grandpa and I wish him another amazing 50 years, (okay maybe not that many)but close.
Posted by Tyler - Danielle - Emree at 10:48 PM
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Family pictures are often a dreaded occasion. There is always someone who doesn't want to be there. There are usually a bundle of blinks. No matter what day you plan them it is always windy. The baby won't look at the camera, another kids crying, and the list goes on and on. However, I am proud to admit that we were lucky. With Tanner home from his mission and our newest addition we decided (Bonnie and Brian decided) that it was time for another Andre family photo. It was a beautiful (and HOT) day and everyone was in a good mood ... even Emree. Here are the results!
Life is full of good days and hard days and in between those we make room for a few really great days. I love to read peoples blogs because you get to hear about day to day life and while we don't spill our sour milk over our pages for the world to see and read, I think we learn to uplift. When I read about someone else and their great day or maybe even just their good day I can get through my not so good day. While the not so good days come few and far between for me right now, I know it isn't that way for everyone. If you are in a long streak of not so good days, remember to smile and look up. There is always (and I promise you ALWAYS) a little bit of sunshine peaking through the clouds. Isn't it great how even the smallest ray can still bring some of the brightest light...
Posted by Tyler - Danielle - Emree at 11:13 PM