Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Raising Adults

  I read a blogpost the other day where someone mentioned that we are raising our kids to be adults. I know that seems obvious, but it struck a chord with me. There is an end goal. We need our children to not just sit back and enjoy childhood or whine there way through it. We need to make them into amazing leaders, mother, brothers, fathers, sisters, cousins, friends, teachers, and the list goes on.

  Ty and I talked tonight about Emree and  how we want to instill more confidence in her. Confidence that she is loved that she is a daughter of God, that she can do amazing things, that she can help others. I want a child who looks outward and sees the good in others and the good in herself.

 In that same blog post it talked about hugging your children until they let go. I need to do that more for Jesse. I am always the first to let go and he just needs the extra love. It makes him feel safe and secure. It helps his day go better. He is my little snuggler and no matter how tall he gets I think he will always be.

No comments: