Monday, October 27, 2008

Tag - you're it!

I was tagged by my mom and so here goes nothing...

5 weird things about me:

1. Most people grow out of things they loved when they were little, but I remain addicted. I grew up loving Fun Dip and I still love it. I grew up loving popsicles by the box and I still eat them by the box. I grew up singing through entire CDs at one sitting and I still put on these private musical in the sanctity of my room or car. . . maybe someday I will grow up. 

2. Even though I am now married and live in my own house, I still feel the need to sneak food. I don't know if I have a fat kid complex or what. I like to eat when Tyler isn't at home... as if when he catches me eating I will get in trouble. 

3. I hate when people leave their drinking cups out. I follow poor Tyler around putting his cup in the sink after he takes even a little sip out of it. The weird part, however is although leaving a cup out will bug me, I can go weeks with out dusting. Maybe I should switch my priorities.

4. I don't like to try new things... Ty calls it a Baker phobia. We don't like to do new things because we don't like to do things we are bad at. We tend to only be involved in things in which we think we can succeed. My brother Quinn takes this to the extreme (and I love him for it), but I have the same weakness. 

5. I am a very emotional person. Any one who knows me at all know that I will cry at just about anything. I like to think it is because I am sensitive to others, but I think I am just sensitive. I don't hold grudges, I don't get upset with people easily, but I do cry. Tyler would like to say the pregnancy magnified this... but there is no possible way it could have -  I was already crying to the maximum!

Okay I am adding a sixth just so I don't end on a 'Debbie Downer'

6. I love old movies, t.v. shows and music. Some people may think I grew up 50 years ago. I love my "Petticoat Junction," "White Christmas" and anything Doris Day. When I am having a bad day my favorite thing to do is go to Arbys and buy a Jr. Arby's Adventure Meal with  Jamocha shake and sit down to watch an old musical. Most of the time I like to watch the movie alone so that I am free to sing the songs out loud. 

Tag you're it: Liberty, Crystal, Ashley, Cassidy, and Stephanie.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

HAHA. I don't like new things either, because I don't enjoy things I'm not good at. I tell Lincoln that ALL the time!

Kacey Nielsen said...

I love that you sneak food. I totally hide my junk food stash because i am convinced in my mind that Jon would not approve, even though he really doesn't even care! we crazy!

Lori said...

I see a pattern....3 of your 5 weird things are about food....do you have a secret to tell us? Did I starve you when you were little? haha. And by the way, I am sorry. You are growing into me....

Anonymous said...

ha ha I love these and I already knew all of them!!! It's funny because we even snuck boxes of Popsicles outside and ate them behind the raspberry bushes ha ha. I love you!!! Let's hang out soon and eat Charleston Chews and watch Pillow Talk!

Royce said...

yeah that would be so fun! we should do lunch or something! where exactly is tyler from again?
-aub

Crystal and Kyle said...

I love it! Your my favorite. I enjoy your honesty and your sense of humor in your writing. You are such a great friend, Thanks for the help with the costume :) Oh and your little baby is getting big on your count down. YEAH!!! ps. I also sent you a tag. SOrry another one. THis one is really easy though

the Horton Hurricane said...

you are the cutest girl ever, I love reading all about you I love the way you and your mom write it cracks me up. You and Ty are going to make the best parents there is nothing like being a mom.

Alise Allen said...

Danielle you are hilarious!! The sneaking food made me laugh so hard. And made me miss living with you back in the day. hahaha. That was a good read.

Brandon and Lindsay said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE old movies too! Everyone thinks I'm so weird! I love white Christmas, and Doris Day (move over darling the most!) and pretty much any musical. I use to force my sisters to watch them with me =) ha ha good post!