Birthday posts are the worst. There is all this pressure to say something magnificent and meaningful about the person you love. Well, I decided to steal other peoples words and phrases. So, here's to Ty. Happy Birthday! I love you more now that your 27. You make me smile everyday, so I thought I would try to return the favor.
1. "Behind every successful man there is a surprised woman."
Okay, I am not that surprised. You definitely have good judgement because you chose me.
2. "Perfect numbers like perfect men are very rare."
Also rare, looking manly with a pony...
3. "My mom said the only reason men are alive is for lawn care and vehicle maintenance."
Not completely true, but I would definitely say it has been a perk.
4. "A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man."
Over the years we have cut down on spending by our many "do it" our self projects. One day we can hire someone else to do it for us or our kids will be old enough :).
5. "The best way to get a man to do something is to suggest they can't do it."
Works every time... you can't grow a garden in that mess, you can't can peaches, you can't cook at work, you can't start a business...
6. "You see a lot of smart guys with dumb women, but you hardly ever see a smart woman with a dumb guy."
7. "To be happy with a man you must understand him a lot and love him a little. To be happy with a woman you must love her a lot and not try to understand her at all."
8. "You know, men and women are a lot alike in certain situations. Like when they’re both on fire – they’re exactly alike."
It seems like we always react to situations differently, but I think that is what makes us work together so well.
9. "My most brilliant achievement was my ability to be able to persuade my wife to marry me."
I am sure Tyler would totally say that...
10."You call it madness, but I call it love."
No one will ever truly understand us, but us.
11. "Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity."
~ Albert Einstein
It seems like yesterday, seriously.
12. "People shop for a bathing suit with more care than they do a husband or wife. The rules are the same. Look for something you'll feel comfortable wearing. Allow for room to grow."
Lots of room to grow, and change, and hopefully become better together.
13. "Before I met my husband, I'd never fallen in love. I'd stepped in it a few times."
14. "The only time a wife listens to her husband is when he's asleep."
Not true, but funny.
15. "My husband said he needed more space. So I locked him outside."
Lock Tyler outside and he would be happier I think.
16. "When a wife has a good husband it is easily seen in her face."
I would add it is also seen in her home and on the faces of her children.
17. "An archaeologist is the best husband a woman can have. The older she gets the more interested he is in her."
My husband isn't an archaeologist, but I figure the older I get, maybe my medical problems will become intriguing.
18. "He's the funniest, smartest person I know. It doesn't mean he doesn't bug me and I'm sure I bug him sometimes."
Like when I broke his golf club.
19. "Smile at each other, smile at your wife, smile at your husband, smile at your children, smile at each other -- it doesn't matter who it is -- and that will help you to grow up in greater love for each other."
One thing Ty has taught me to do is to laugh at myself and him, mostly him.
20. "Love is the thing that enables a woman to sing while she mops up the floor after her husband has walked across it in his barn boots."
21. "A man who is right by your side through everything makes you happy. But he can leave your side to make dinner once in a while!"
Ty is an amazing Dad and Husband...brag moment... he often makes dinner, or feeds the kids, or bathes the kids, or plays with the kids, or gets up with Jesse!
22. "What is a husband? He is the one who, with a touch, can bring back the starlight and glow of years long ago. At least he hopes he can - don't disappoint him."
23. "I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life."
24. "Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction."
For us that direction is focusing us on our savior, each other, and our children.
25. "For all the advances in medicine, there is still no cure for the common birthday."
Although I love birthdays and so far I have loved you more with every birthday you've had.
26. "Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest."
27. "Birthdays are nature’s way of telling us to eat more cake."
Or rat, which ever you perfer.
Here's to many many many more birthdays with the man who makes me smile and laugh out loud. I was blessed to have met you, overjoyed to have married you, and eternally grateful to spend forever with you!