Monday, January 19, 2009

The Disaster Zone!





Ty blames the last two weeks on the "nesting period," but I have wanted to do some fix-me-ups since we moved and we finally got to them. The last two weeks our house was turned into a disaster zone! I was a little freaked out because I thought that if the baby decided to come early, I am not sure what I would have done, but we have officially gotten through it and she isn't here...yet. What did we do you might ask? We tore down the wallpaper in our bedroom (It took me the entire Harry Potter 7 on audio cd and another church book to get it down), and repainted our room. Then we got new carpet in the living room. Our carpet use to be that lovely green, but now is a fabulous tanish color. The carpet was thankfully installed by professionals and I didn't have to do one thing. The couple that owns the house paid for us to do the renovation, but we were just so thankful to be able to do them. We love our little home, but we also love making it better.

I would like to give a little shout out to the amazing Liberty Baker who offered her services and even one of her friend's services lol. Our friend Bobby also helped with the painting. Ty and I finally cleaned everything up yesterday (thanks to Martin Luther King Day) and put up our beautiful crib. Life is back to normal or atleast we like to think so!

9 comments:

Lori said...

Oh it looks soo good. I can't wait to see it in person and to meet the beautiful little girl that will be sleeping in that crib.....it gives me goosebumps when i think about her

Wendi said...

Hey girl--I finally made it over to check you out! Cute blog.

Wow--you've been so busy! I'm surprised you had any energy to teach today! :)

Take care! wendi

Ashley said...

Wow awesome renovations!! So your bedspread is super adorable...it matches our shower curtain!! Bed, Bath, and Beyond? I love the print myself!! I'm so excited for you to have your little girl. Let me tell you that when they are the walking age....it is a handful...I thought boys were hard...no way!!

Kacey Nielsen said...

Great work! that is one adorable crib. Nesting... its stronger than people think!

Brandon and Lindsay said...

CUUTE!! Where did you guys move to? Did you move to a house?? I know I say this everytime I see you or look at a picture of you, but you look soooo cute. I hope I look half as cute as you when I'm pregnant!

Crystal and Kyle said...

The house looks great and I love baby's bedding. We need to do a night soon with husbands so we can show you what we learned in our class!

Stacey said...

It looks amazing! I bet your landlords love you for doing all of the grunt work. Can you believe you really have a crib up? It actually makes it seem a little bit real doesn't it? I can't wait to see that beautiful little girl.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Danielle, this is so darling. I love it. Way. to. go.

Good luck delivering!

Mike and Aubrey Asay said...

Hey there! I saw a comment you posted on someones blog... can't remember who now :) but I thought I would check out your blog and say hi! Cute crib, and good work on your place! It looks really good! Good luck with the baby, I'll be sure to check back so I can see pictures of her when you can get some posted! Take Care
Aubrey