Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I love to See The Temple!

Emree asked us on Saturday night if we could go to the temple. We have been teaching her a lot about the temple since Quinn got married in December and Kenzie will be getting married in August. My first reaction when she asked was to say no, but Ty was quicker then I and said "Sure, Why not!" So, we packed a lunch and went up to the temple on Sunday after church. We are so fortunate to have a temple 15 minutes from our house. We ate lunch and then walked around the grounds and showed Emree how beautiful the temple was and how beautiful the flowers surrounding it were. She told me she was going to get married in the temple just like Mom and Just like Kenzie. She also told me she was going to dress like a beautiful princess.

This the Sacramento Temple.

When we got home we decided it would be fun to put a picture of the temple up in her room. She was so excited! I am so glad my parents were sealed in the temple and set the wonderful example for me. I am also grateful for my own sealing in the temple and that I can live with my family for eternity.

This is the picture we put up in Emree's room. It is painted by our friend Bobby Johnson's Mom. She is amazing!

I love to see the temple.
I’m going there someday
To feel the Holy Spirit,
To listen and to pray.
For the temple is a house of God,
A place of love and beauty.
I’ll prepare myself while I am young;
This is my sacred duty.

I love to see the temple.
I’ll go inside someday.
I’ll cov’nant with my Father;
I’ll promise to obey.
For the temple is a holy place
Where we are sealed together.
As a child of God, I’ve learned this truth:
A fam’ly is forever.

6 comments:

Kacey Nielsen said...

Good for you guys! I love how sometimes dads have the perfect timing for saying yes.

Just read your last post. What a cutie! I am with Tiffany, it might be worth going through a few sippys to see if there are any he will like.

Cassidy said...

Thats great she loves the temple! Good job! We have a temple in our kids' rooms and they love them too. Pres. Monson said in his last talk in g.c. to put temples in the kids room, so good job!!!

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

I let each of my children pick their favorite temple to hang on the wall of their bedroom. Nicole picked the smallest bedroom upstairs. She told me it was the only bedroom that you can see the temple from. It is so beautiful all lit up at night on the hill behind our home. Love that it is your priority too...you are such a sweet Mom!

Deidra said...

That is SO cute!

Crystal and Kyle said...

Holy Cow. I had like so many posts to catch up on. I feel like I just checked you blog and it hadn't been updated and now there's like 4 :) Anyway, awesome that your are making this more like a journal. I have told myself I am going to do that for years but I never do. You guys sound like you are doing great. I can't believe how big Jesse is. It's crazy how fast they grow. We hope we get to see you guys when you come down in a few weeks!!

GayLynn said...

What a great idea! Way to take advantage of a great teaching opportunity.