Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tuesday Terrors: riding in cars with boys

Okay! I should change that to riding in cars with babies!

The car can be a safe haven when you are a mother. Your kids are strapped in, taken care of, and stuck. They learn quickly, as small babies, that they can't go any where so they might as well learn to be happy. My kids are usually quiet in the car when we are zipping here and there. I am occasionally happy to be stuck in traffic or miss my exit because I find freedom in singing songs to the radio with out my beautiful children pulling on me or needing my immediate attention.

The peace ends when the ride is extended. When it changes from a ride to a trip ... It is no longer peaceful. My friend, Danalin and I took a 3 1/2 hour drive to Monterey with four little kids in the car. Tuesday terrors: there was a little screaming. We left at Jesse's nap time, but of course he refused to sleep... Stinker.

Do you have time to contemplate life while you drive... I can hardly remember days like that?! I use to. Hmmm life.

No comments: