Wednesdays are my day to focus on self improvement. What can I do better? How can I be better?
I will start with the obvious... keeping a record.
Reasons that keeping records are important:
1. It helps us remember our blessings
2. It helps us point out our weaknesses
3. It helps us plan ways to improve
4. It reminds us that we have tender mercies EVERY DAY from The Lord
Before I got married, I wrote in my journal every single night. I love looking back at those entries and reading my thoughts, hopes, and dreams. Those books are priceless. The last few years I have been terrible at journaling and this year I am making a change. I am determined to write down a little bit each day. I want to remember these moments, I want to take the time to reflect, and most importantly I want to build my relationship with The Savior.
Do you journal, blog, take pictures, keep a calender? What ways can you improve your record keeping?
Start small, maybe even in lists. Start today...
1. My blessings today: Jesse's toddling, That Emree has such great little friends to do Joy School with, a delicious dinner (thanks to myself), clean dishes thanks to my husband, and a good friend who stayed and helped me.
2. My weaknesses today: I need to brush my kids teeth more and I need to read them the scriptures every night.
3. Ways to Improve: Do it tomorrow morning.
4. My Tender Mercies: Bonnie sent me a really nice text about how she missed my kids tonight and it made me happy that she would think of me today. I also had a yummy little treat that I desperately needed waiting for me by the microwave. :)
What is your list?
Here is an awesome Mormon Message...